This activity consists of people visualising their ideal future. It is a very powerful exercise because it allows them to establish contact with the real possibilities they have to transform their lives. In this way, they can identify what they need to change, improve or maintain in order to achieve the future they want.
Provide a trusting and caring space for participants to express themselves freely. The facilitator will ask the beneficiary to think and express, in any way they want (words, stories, drawing, etc.), on a sheet of paper where they would like to be sitting in the next 15 years. Some questions that could be asked are:
• Who would be the people who would be accompanying them in that ideal?
• What would your environment be like?
• What would you look like?
• What would be the activities you could do during the day?
In order to carry it out, you will have to evoke the image of your future and feel yourself within it. They should freely express what they envision.
|(How do you see yourself in the future)|
After some time, a space for reflection should be opened to share part of their vision.
Once this has been done, together with their SWOT analysis, we will be able to extract all the strengths of the person and be able to guide them in the elaboration of a better project.
- What were we trying to accomplish? Start by restating the objectives you were trying to hit.
- Where did we hit (or miss) our objectives? Review your results, and ensure the group is aligned.
- What caused our results?
- What should we start, stop, or continue doing?
- Now what?
- Where did we hit (or miss) our objectives?