You have to draw a simple tree on the paper (or even online) with:
- the roots of the tree
- tree trunk
- The tree branches (with leaves)
Make sure to highlight well the three different parts.
Participants have to write down the things on it accordingly to:
- the roots of the tree: what are the causes of the problem?
- tree trunk – what is the problem?
- tree branches (with leaves) – what are the effects of the problem?
And later on, it is presented to the whole audience of other groups.
- What are the direct or indirect effects that the main problem has created?
- – What is the diverse set of effects created by the main problem?